Lately a few of my friends have asked me for recommendations on things to do in Reykjavik, Iceland. Thought it would be great to post a list of suggested activities for all to see…
Top 9 things to do in Reykjavik, Iceland
- Check out the gastropub at Kex hostel for delicious food and a great atmosphere. Even better, watch a live performance there.
- The Lebowski bar is really fun. And yes, it’s exactly what is sounds like, a bar themed after the big Lebowski. Wear your bathrobe and bring your appetite for white russians.
- Discover some amazing music (like this) at the store/label 12 Tonar .You can go in and listen to CDs and they’ll make you an espresso. It’s a really fun way to spend a rainy afternoon.
- Eat a hot dog from the hot dog stand Baejarins Beztu Pylsur. I repeat, eat a hot dog from the hot dog stand. This is a very important part of the Icelandic Experience.
- Go to the Hallgrimskirkja, the largest church in Iceland and take the elevator to the top and get a view of the whole city.
- Try some traditional Icelandic food at Café Loki – (across from the Hallgrimskirkja).
- Catch a movie at Bio Paradis.
- If you are in Reykjavik over midsummer, run the Midnight Sun Run. The race is set for June 24, 2013. It is a beautiful 10km race and the race include entry to a geothermal pool after the race (located a 2 min walk from the finish line).
- Eat Skyr. It will give you superpowers.