Training Log Week 9 – Run early to beat the heat
Monday: Rest day
Wednesday: Ultimate, ave HR122, max HR 180
), Ultimate, ave HR117, max HR 173
Friday: Rest day**
Sunday: 17.1km run
* Had really tight calves during this speed run, I thought they were going to explode – mental note: roll out calves.
** resting heart rate 54 (down from 60 two months ago)
Things that went well this week:
- I ran 72.46km in June!
- Ran 17km on Sunday injury free- my longest run yet, and in the heat!
- Kayaking in Deep Cove is awesome!
- Resting heart rate is down to 54bpm from 60bpm two months ago
Lessons Learned for next time:
- Running in the heat – my running room group starts running at 8:30am, and that’s too late for me in the heat. I started my run on Sunday at 7:15am while it was 16 degrees C, and finished my run at 9:30am when the temperature with humidex was 26 degrees C. I should target to start my long runs between 6:30am-7am to beat the heat. Another option is to pick a few trail runs and run in the shade.