Tuesday: 6km hill run in 25 degree heat!
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: 19km LSD
Friday: Fishing in Haida Gwaii
* Caught a 170lb and a 150lb halibut – that’s gotta count for some strength training!
Things that went well this week:
- I had a fishing trip scheduled on the weekend and I still managed to do my long run during the week! I’m happy I got the miles in!
- Completed my fitness assessment at the Peak Centre for Human Performance. More on the testing and the results of my testing in a future post.
Lessons Learned for Next Time:
- Completed a hill run in 25 degree heat. I need to complete the rest of my runs in the summer in the morning, it’s too hot in the evening to run after work.
- I had a terrible stomach ache/cramps on my 19km LSD run. I think I drank too much water too early in the run. I walked from km 14-17 and my average pace was still within the range for my time target!