I’ve run quite a few races in the last few years, here’s just a sample of my most memorable races:
November 14, 2015 – Tarawera 50km Trail Run – 9:05:40 (PB)
September 5/6, 2015 – Jay Peak Trail Running Festival – 25km (5:36)
- 4 races in 2 days. 3x 5km race on Saturday, 1x 25km race on Sunday.
July 11, 2015 – Knee Knackering North Shore Trail Run – 9:45:09
- 30 miles and 8,000 feet of elevation gain, my first ultra.
March 7, 2015 – Dirty Duo – 27km Trail race (4:29:24)
May 4, 2014 – BMO Vancouver Marathon – 5:02:06 (PB)
- Two marathons within two months. It’s time for a break!
March 10, 2014 – Antarctica Marathon – 6:30
- Took a boat to Antarctica, ran a marathon, met a lot of cool (crazy) runners.
November 2013 – Vancouver Historic Half Marathon – 2:17 (PB)
- Almost exact even split, first half took 1:08 to run, second half took 1:09 to run! However, my heart rate during the first half was about 164bpm, and my heart rate on the second half was closer to an average of 170bpm. Read the race report here
November 2013 – Phantom Run Trail Race – 12KM – 1:43:25
- Knocked off 9 minutes from the orientation run 2 weeks prior to race day. A super fun run in the woods! Total elevation gain of 1052 meters and elevation loss of 1091 meters. See full elevation profile below:
September 2013 – Montreal Rock n Roll Marathon – 5:10: 29
- Ran an exact even split 2:35 at 21.1km, 5:10 at the finish. Read the race report here
July 2012 – Diva on the Run 10km – 57:29 (PB)
- Accomplished my goal of 10km in under an hour, with time to spare 🙂
June 2012 – Reykjavik Midnight Run 10km – 1:04:32
- The best races are those that include the free entry to a geothermal pool at the finish line.
May 2012 – Vancouver BMO Half Marathon – 2:25:33
- I attribute my strong comeback to running to my personal trainer who taught me how move heavy weights and power clean correctly. Joe, you rock! Oh, and the beautifully scenic and flat course.
October 2008 – Victoria Full Marathon – 5:54:12
- Yes, I was injured, and yes, I still completed it.
November 2007 – Vancouver Fall Classic Half Marathon – 2:31:56
- I’m not the biggest fan of a double loop half marathon, but the event was superbly organized.
September 2006 – Stockholm Half Marathon – 2:26:15
- Run for the meatballs! Enough said.
February 2005 – First half 1/2 Marathon – 2:21:04
- I attribute my PB to the fact that the race was marked in miles and I thought it was marked in kilometres. I kept thinking “How could I possibly have taken 10 minutes to run that last kilometre?”
October 2004 – Okanagan Half Marathon – 2:28:47
- I shaved 9 minutes off my previous half marathon, all while wearing someone else’s running shoes. Mental note: pack running shoes when running an out-of-town marathon.
June 2004 – Vancouver Scotiabank Half Marathon – 2:37:33
- My first half marathon! I must have enjoyed it. The best part was the finish line at Stanley Park. What a beautiful setting!